Friday, May 4, 2007

PA: Email subscription, and a small change

On Planet Atheism, near the top of the right sidebar, below the RSS feed link, there is now a new button: Email subscription. As the name implies, it allows you to receive Planet Atheism by email, as daily digests (that is, all the posts from a day are collected in one email message).

Personally, while I read a lot of blogs and sites through their RSS feeds, I prefer to visit PA directly, which I do several times a day (there's always something new and interesting there). But that's simply a matter of personal taste, and, much like atheists have only one thing in common (a lack of belief in gods) but can be (and are) different in every other way, so Planet Atheism readers can (and do) have their own preferred way of reading PA. :) Therefore, I wanted to give you as many choices as possible:
  1. visit the site;

  2. add the RSS feed to an aggregator such as Bloglines or Google Reader;

  3. receive digests by email.
Emails come from FeedBurner, not me, and include an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom.

As I said, this is not my preferred way of reading PA... but if you prefer it to the other two options, go ahead. :)

As for the small change: there were a couple of HUGE posts on PA during the past few days. By "huge", I mean many, many pages long, even with a full-screen browser window and a relatively small font. Therefore, there is now a limit, even for the full posts version of PA, which is 10000 characters. That's still a lot -- I believe that, in months of PA, and hundreds of posts, there were probably less than 5 posts that went above that limit. In those very rare cases, you will have to follow the link to the original blog.

No comments: